How to Prepare for a Mommy Makeover
MyBodyMD Plastic Surgery is proud to offer the Mommy Makeover. Located in Houston, TX, and led by cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rafi Bidros, our team makes reclaiming your pre-baby body possible with a combination of cosmetic procedures. Our philosophy is to educate our patients as much as possible to help them make an informed decision. At MyBodyMD Plastic Surgery we welcome all patients and treat them like family.
Pregnancy can take a toll on a woman’s body - from weight gain to stretch marks, women endure it all. We believe that every woman deserves to feel at her best, which is why we offer all our patients a customized treatment plan to address the changes from pregnancy. The Mommy Makeover is a blend of fat removal, skin tightening, skin lifting, and other techniques to create a slimmer figure, and a tighter, toned look. The ideal candidates are women that cannot regain their pre-pregnancy figures through diet and exercise alone. The most common problem areas are the abdomen and breasts as well as liposuction on the hips, thighs, buttocks, etc.
How to prepare for a Mommy Makeover
- Stop breastfeeding - we recommend that you plan ahead and wait around six months after you stop breastfeeding before undergoing the Mommy Makeover. Breastfeeding naturally changes the shape of the breast and will continue to adjust during. The best results are on patients that allow this natural change to occur before undergoing the procedure.
- Set up childcare - asking for help during the first days of postoperative is recommended in order to have the proper rest for healing.
- Prepare your home - as bed rest is a must during recovery we recommend to stock up on essentials, prepare your rest space, and complete as much housework/errands as you can.
- Cease smoking - smoking can intervene with the surgical procedure and recovery time.
- Work towards your goal weight - the best results are with patients that are close to their ideal weight
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
At MyBodyMD Plastic Surgery your safety is our priority. We make sure that our surgeon, surgical staff, clinic, and patients follow important safety measures. All staff and patients are asked to wear a mask. Temperatures are taken upon arrival into the office and hand sanitizer is available for use. All procedure and consultation rooms are cleaned thoroughly after each patient, including high touch points.
Dr. Rafi Bidros and MyBodyMD Plastic Surgery’s team will consult and inform you in detail on what to do before and after the Mommy Makeover. For more information on the Mommy Makeover visit our website and request your consultation!