Breast Augmentation: Choosing the right size
Breast Augmentation also known as augmentation mammoplasty is the surgery to increase breast size. It involves placing breast implants under the breast tissue or chest muscles. For many women, the decision to have a breast augmentation is a process that requires several different factors before making the final decision. One such factor, which is often very difficult, is choosing the right size for the implant. Not too big, not too small. We know that bust size affects many aspects of a woman's life, including relationships, social interactions, and overall physical health.
One of the most frequently asked questions when considering Breast Augmentation surgery is "what is the right implant size for me?" Choosing the right size for your body is an exciting decision. Working with an experienced plastic surgeon ensures your Breast Augmentation results are what you want. At MyBodyMD Plastic Surgery, our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Rafi Bidros can create a customized treatment plan for each patient to improve the projection, fullness, and proportions of their breasts, as well as boost their self-confidence. You are given the opportunity to “try on” implants during a personal consultation to give yourself and Dr. Bidros an idea of what size you prefer.
Choosing the Right Breast Implant Size and Shape:
• Natural Body and Height - If you have a narrow chest or a small frame, Dr. Bidros will suggest a specific implant profile and shape for you. Therefore, even if you are limited to small diameter implants, you can choose a high-quality implant to achieve a more fulfilling condition.
• Shape and Size of your Natural Breast or Current Breast Implants
• The Appearance You Want Your New Breasts to Have - If you need a breast that looks natural, it is usually advisable to choose a small implant with a moderate profile and/or teardrop shape.
• Whether your current breasts are sagging or drooping - If the breast is sagging due to loss of volume after breastfeeding or weight loss, you may choose a larger implant to provide the required volume. Alternatively, a Breast Lift with an implant may be required to achieve the desired results.
• Determine the amount of natural breast tissue - If the natural breast is very small and there is not much breast tissue, Dr. Bidros will place the breast implant below the muscle to give the implant enough coverage.
• Lifestyle and Physical Activities - If you have a very active lifestyle or are exercising hard, wearing a supportive bra after surgery is highly recommended.
The best Breast Augmentation candidate will have realistic expectations for the results throughout the process. Remember that the results of Breast Augmentation surgery are also unique, as your body is unique to you. When choosing the size of the implant, it is best to remember that you want to emphasize the curve rather than completely changing it. Once you have determined that Breast Augmentation is right for you, the next step is to find an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. By scheduling a private consultation at our Houston, TX plastic surgery facility, you can discuss your aesthetic goals and concerns regarding the surgery. During this time, Dr. Bidros will listen and provide you with a realistic plan to give you the results of your dreams.
For more information, schedule a consultation or please contact us at 832-209-7827 to take the next step towards achieving your desired look.